The primary goal of our world languages program is effective communication. Students will be introduced to the Spanish language through listening, speaking, reading and writing skills. The study of world cultures is also an integral part of the student based learning in this program.
Students are taught the introductions and expressions of courtesy and the history of Hispanic culture. This includes the Latin American roots and biographies. Students are also made aware of the current events in the Spanish-speaking countries, including the latest books, newsworthy information. Students engage in language immersion by discussing the school, their families, houses, food, health and welfare. At the end of each year students are able to express verbally in Spanish and write paragraphs, stories in Spanish.
Assessments include –
· Ongoing – General Effort / Daily Speaking Activities
· Presentations – Role-plays- Pair/ Group work
· Regular Homework Assignments
· Projects – countries and culture
· Quizzes – All the skills – Listening/ Speaking/ Reading / Writing/Culture
· Tests/ Exams – All the skills – Listening/ Speaking/ Reading / Writing/Culture
· Computer Lab – Designing worksheets/ Crossword puzzles/ Word search / Power Point