Art – Grade 1-4
The elementary school art curriculum is integrated with the social studies curriculum, holidays and celebrations of the school. Students make art and craft projects to depict themselves, make ornaments, masks, kites, and artifacts that represent multicultural holidays. Students will understand the various elements of art, explore and learn different art techniques, learn art history and do related projects.
Technology – Grade 1-4
In first through fourth grade, the computer curriculum involves the systematic introduction of computer skills to the student. This includes knowledge of different parts of a computer, navigation skills using a mouse, simple keyboarding skills, identifying the special keys in the keyboard. As the students progress in their grade, they are introduced to more computer applications that involve word processing, creating spreadsheets, data processing and graphic organization charts.
As technology advances and improve, it becomes much more feasible to integrate multimedia directly into classroom activities and the core curriculum. Understanding why, when, and where multimedia is appropriate and beneficial is the first step toward successful implementation. Our students will enhance how they research and present.
Using the broad medium of multimedia in the classroom including Power Point presentations, video demonstrations, integration of text and graphics focuses on engaging students in the use of multimedia to construct and convey knowledge. Multimedia activities encourages students to work in groups, express their knowledge in multiple ways, solve problems, revise their own work, and construct knowledge. There are many advantages of integrating multimedia in the classroom, through participation students can learn:
• Real-world skills related to technology
• The value of team work
• Effective collaboration techniques
• The impact and importance of different media
• The challenges of communicating to different audiences
• How to present information in compelling ways
• Techniques for synthesizing and analyzing complex content
• The importance of research, planning, and organization skills
• The significance of presentation and speaking skills
• How to accept and provide constructive feedback
• How to express their ideas creatively